He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Friday, June 24, 2011

If hurts can be my teacher, offer me the lesson...

where can I run?
who can I trust?

I cannot hide from life, though I try as hard as I can [in my moments of weakness].

I seek Your shelter Lord,
when the most difficult enemies begin to undermine the plans You have for me -
anger, sorrow, fatigue, fragility, stubborn pride -
they all seem so insurmountable, that is - until I run to You!

Lord, You are my FAVORITE hiding place!
When I am thirsty You quinch my thirst.
When I am weary You offer me a place to rest my head.
When I need protection Your Word gives me strength.

"Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,
for I hide myself in you."
Psalm 143:9

1 comment:

  1. I love this one Angie ... I am hurt easily have always been that way even before I lost my beloved mother... however it is not a weakness I do not cower I am not afraid.. all those feelings you described are so familiar to me the old me lashes out with a venomous tongue ...now if necessary I walk away to avoid that - God knocks at my heart and tells me to I hear him loud and clear ...running to Him in pain I have learned there is always a dawn He teaches me so much every time I have learned to be grateful for the lesson ...even in the sadness His light shines and He reminds me He reigns <3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Popular Posts