He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

God has Broad Shoulders...

Not everyone comes through ennobled from the valley of grief we must go through.
What does it take? Attention to our own emotional needs, our personal state of mind.
A willingness to be vulnerable again. Talking with an understanding friend. Counseling, maybe.
Participation in a healing community of those who have traveled this road before.

Isolation is not the path one who seeks healing need take.

What we can be sure of is this - that we will be different for having traveled through this deep valley of grief. Whether embittered, sad or more compassionate - we will be changed forever. Ultimately, my friend, the choice is ours.

Elizabeth Watson says, "She taught me that grief is a time to be lived through, experienced fully, and that the heavens will not fall if I give voice to my anger against God in such a time."

I agree, God has broad shoulders. He knows our frailty and understands COMPLETELY, our emotions over the loss of a precious one.

May God give you His wisdom to seek healing through His tender Arm's of Mercy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts