He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Be My Strong Tower...

"Blessed is the one who waits!" Daniel 12:12

Waiting may seem like an easy thing to do, but it is a discipline that a Christian soldier does not learn without years of training. Marching and drills are much easier for God's warriors than standing still.

There are times of indecision and confusion, when even the most willing person, who eagerly desires to serve the Lord, does not know what direction to take.

-Morning by Morning

So what is a girl to do when she finds herself in this kind of situation?
...be overcome with despair?
...turn back in cowardice or in fear or rush ahead in ignorance?

No, she needs to simply wait - but wait in prayer!
Call on God. Plead your case before Him.
Tell Him of your "situation" and remind Him of His promise to help you!

...wait in quiet patience.
Do not complain about the cause of your "situation." That's what the children of Israel did against Moses. Accept the "situation" exactly as it is and then place it into your "God Box."

And while you're at it, if there is any self-will say to the LORD:
"Lord, Not my will, but Yours be done." Luke 22:42

Dearest Lord,
I am not sure how to handle this "situation." And I definitely do not know what steps to take. Teach me how to quiet my soul. I am waiting for You. Move a mountain in my life, divide the flood waters and drive back my enemies. I am waiting in full confidence for Your answer. My eyes are fixed on You alone.

You are my Strong Tower, my Refuge against the foe! Psalm 61:3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts