He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A New Way is Sometimes a Better Way!

"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long!"
Psalm 25:4-5

Ever found yourself walking down memory lane, along roads traveled long ago? Sometimes it's good to look back, if only to see where we have come from and recall the wondrous places God has taken us.

I recognized, today, that sometimes change is good (moved to a new classroom)...trusting that He is taking me to new places along a new route can be scary and exciting at the same time.

Lord, forgive me for not rejoicing when the journey is different. My plan was so much different than Your plan. I recognize that it is during those hard and difficult times that Your presence was guiding me every step of the way and that great lessons were learned, my life was enriched and my relationship with You was deepened!

But even with this understanding, I am reluctant to follow and I feel like a donkey with its heels dug in [We had a donkey when I was a young girl. "Lollipop," on occasion had her own way of doing things around our place!]

I love adventure but these new landscapes seem a little steep! I know I must rely on You to navigate. You have the map, the directions and even food for the journey. It would be unwise to rely on my own way of negotiating this new terrain.

I feel a bit anxious but I know that I need to run to You for refuge. Help me Lord, to place my very life into Your hands. Lead the way Lord and be my guide for this new direction You have set before me. I am trusting that this new vista will be a much more pleasing route than my own silly plans could have ever been. And Lord, please give me faith to follow Your pathway that will, once again, give me hope and a future far beyond my imagination.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts