He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hush my soul, Be Quiet in His Presence

Sharon Jaynes wrote a beautiful story today and I wanted to share a small part of it.

When we believe God, we will have rest and peace in our lives.
I want you to do something for me. Right now, I want you to use your imagination. The Bible tells us in Ephesians that we are "in Christ" and Christ is "in us." It also tells us that we are seated "in heavenly places" and "transferred to the kingdom of Christ." Picture yourself sitting right beside Jesus under a spreading oak tree. Perhaps His arm is around your shoulder and your head is resting on his chest. You can feel the beating of His heart against your cheek and your head moves with the rise and fall of His breathing. With His other hand, He strokes your head and immediately knows how many hairs are on your head.

His breath warms your skin as it brushes past your face. Imagine Him looking into your eyes and knowing your innermost being and meeting your gaze with a warm, affirming smile reassuring you of His love and care.

I loved the thought of Jesus arms tenderly embracing me from Sharon's story today. No matter where we are in our journey of life, Jesus is with us ALWAYS!

Dear Lord, Hush my restless soul. Show me Your provision and help me to sit quietly at your feet today, knowing that all that happens in my life is for Your Glory. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts