He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Be Refreshed By the Fountain!

As an optimist I see the bright side on just about everything! I am, however, also acquainted with loss and grief. I have found myself in lonely places along life’s journey. I have listened to many women who are broken because of infidelity. I am familiar with depression in others as well as myself. I know the pain of loss through a precious son who has gone on to heaven and I know the pain of divorce. As a teacher, I have met many a teen that was frustrated with life but despite all this, I do not despair. My hope is in Jesus! His Word and the indwelt Holy Spirit guide me daily.

The Psalms have a way of encouraging us when life is hard. Psalms 119:25 says, “My soul cleaves to the dust; revive me according to Your Word, Lord!” It’s so easy for us to keep our eyes focused on things below; however, God desires that we LOOK Up!  When our soul is filled with sorrow, because of the circumstances here below, we can choose to be strengthened by His Powerful Word! Whenever we are threatened by deceit or deception, we can trust the promises of God’s Word and be strengthened! Psalms 119:32 says, “I run to Your commands Lord, for You enlarge my heart!”

Does life seem overwhelming for you today, my friend? If so won’t you seek God, in His Word and find a solace like no other!

Refresh your soul by the fountain of Living Water!

Hugs n Love, always Johnny’s mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts