He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Men will dwell again in his shade...He will flourish like a blossoming vine! Hosea 14:7

The day ended with heavy showers, and the plants in my garden were beaten down by the pelting storm. I looked at one plant I had previoously admired for its beauty and had loved for its delicate fragrance. After being exposed to the merciless storm, its flowers had drooped, all its petals were closed, and it appeared that its glory was gone.

I thought to myself, "I suppose I will have to wait till next year to see those beautiful flowers again."

Yet the night passed, the sun shone again, and the morning brought strength to my favorite plant! The light looked at its flowers and the flowers looked at the light. There was contact and communion, and power passed into the flowers. They lifted their heads, opened their petals, regained their glory, and seemed more beautiful than before. I wondered how this took place - these fragile flowers coming into contact with something much stronger, and gaining strength!

I cannot explain exactly how we are able to receive the power to serve and to endure through communion with God, but I know it is a fact!

Are you in danger of being crushed by a heavy and difficult trial [situation/circumstance]?
Then seek communion with our Heavenly Father and you will receive strength and power,
for God promises us,

 "I will strengthen you." Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts