He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Monday, June 20, 2011

“You are Always on My Mind and on My Heart!”

One of my favorite guys to listen to on the radio is Jon Courson. Recently, I purchased his book, “A Future and a Hope.” Of course I did what I do with most books I purchase, I read the last chapter, first (bad idea, by the way – so if you don’t want to know the ending, DO NOT READ any further)!

Jon was with his wife Terry. They were traveling to Mt. Bachelor for a day of skiing. As he was telling his wife a joke and they were laughing, suddenly their car hit an ice bank, causing the car to spin out of control – then slamming them into a redwood tree. At age 29 Jon’s beautiful wife died next to him.

Jon reflects – He could hear that familiar still soft voice say to him,
“I know the thoughts I think toward you, thoughts of peace and not of evil,

to bring you to a glorious end.” Jon, then, drifted into unconsciousness.

Later, in phone conversation Jon’s pastor repeated these same words.

Ever find yourself in an empty-place (no man’s land, the desert, Babylon)?
Do not be confused. God says,

“I want you to know that My thoughts towards you are not of evil,

but of Peace – to bring you to a certain end.”
Did you know, God’s thoughts toward you are more numerous than the sands on the seashore! Read Psalm 139:17-18

“How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.”
Jon’s book says that scientists estimate that there are 10 to the 22nd power – that is, a one with 22 zeros after it, one hundred billion times one hundred billion grains of sand! Wow, that’s pretty incredible – amazing actually – that God thinks of you and me that many times!

God says, “You are ALWAYS on My mind and on My heart!”
Dearest Friend,

If you are wondering what is happening in your marriage, at your workplace, or in your life – Embrace God’s Promises! You may not see it now, but God’s thoughts toward you are thoughts of peace (for your good) and to give you an expected end – to bring you to Himself.

12 years later, after the loss of Jon’s wife…to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts