He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shattered....

After the loss of my son, Johnny, hope seemed elusive.


I knew I had to lean on [abide in] God for strength. As I learned to abide in God [putting my faith in action], I knew it would have to be one day at a time, sometimes, even one moment at a time. It certainly did not happen overnight, and the process was very painful.


But God was with me, as I abided in His Word & found safe friends to help me through this painful loss and I knew from previous losses that depending on [abiding in]God would help me through the loss of Johnny going to heaven.


Without that constant ABIDING, in God, life can be very cruel!


"We know we can rely on the love God has for us. God is love.
Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him!"
1 John 4:15-16



Dear Heavenly Father,
When I feel like my heart has been shattered,
piece me back together again with Your unfailing love.
Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts