He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Experiencing Free-Fall?

When my son Johnny skate boarded into heaven, it was like somebody had pushed me out of a plane - experiencing free-fall for months - was how the grief hit me.
I really wondered if there was a parachute and if so, would it EVER open. It was like that feeling I'd felt after a long and ugly custody battle in the early 1990's I thought I would hit the ground at 120 miles per hour and never wake up again.

And then I remembered - PRAY! Lean into God - Go Completely Vertical!

Dear Lord, Give me Your strength, show me Your promises that,
once again, can keep me from falling. I have no one else to turn to but You.

In the book of Jude God's Word says:

"To him who is able to keep [me] from falling and to present [me] before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy--to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts