He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Monday, August 29, 2011

My Feet Do Not Slip with You!

One of my favorite books "Hinds Feet in High Places," tells the story of how Much-Afraid escapes from her Fearing relatives and travels with the Shepherd to the High Places where 'perfect love casteth out fear.'

"'Don't be afraid,' said the Shepherd gently. 'You are in my service, and if you will trust Me they will not be able to force you against your will into any family alliance. But you ought never to have let your Fearing relatives into your cottage, because they are enemies of the King who has taken you into his employment.'"...

When life seems to be going completely south, STOP and AFFIRM your trust in the LORD! [Go Vertical!]

Calmly bring your issues [the situation] to the LORD and leave them at His feet. Keep in touch with your Heavenly Father for guidance throughout the day, resting in His sovereign control.

Psalm 18:33-36 says, "He make my feet like hinds' feet, and sets me upon my high places...Your right hand upholds me; and Your gentleness makes me great, You enlarge my steps under me, and my feet do not slip with You!"

Habakkuk 3:17-19 says,
"Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the LORD,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation,
The LORD God is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds' feet, and makes me walk on my high places!"





1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this encouragement Angie!! I will always "go vertical" (love the expression). Keep up the beautiful work and when I'm stuck trying to find scripture I'm coming to you girl friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Popular Posts