He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Heart is Broken - Again.

Is this what a broken heart feels like?

Is this what it's like to be crushed in spirit?

Lord, is this mourning?

My every breath is too difficult to take in.

A weight like heavy bricks presses upon my heart.

Will I ever recover?

This darkness of my soul is too overwhelming.

My life has been shattered into a million pieces.

How will I ever live again?

O' Lord,

Help me to lift my head off this pillow of sorrow and anguish.

According to Your lovingkindness, revive me once again.


Psalm 34:18 says,
"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

A mother's journal: April 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts