He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Secret Heart


Today, in our junior high classroom, we analyzed a poem.
This tender poem reminds me of my father's unspoken love.

The title of this poem is "The Secret Heart."

Across the years he could recall
His father one way best of all.

In the stillest hour of the night
The boy awakened to a light.

Half in dreams, he saw his sire
With his great hands full of fire.

The man had struck a match to see
If his son slept peacefully.

He held his palms each side the spark
His love had kindled in the dark.

His two hands were curved apart
In the semblance of a heart.

He wore, it seemed to his small son,
A bare heart on his hidden one.

A heart that gave out such a glow
No son awake could bear to know.

It showed a look upon a face
Too tender for the day to trace.

One instant, it lit all about,
And then the secret heart went out.

But it shone long enough for one,
To know that hands held up the sun.

In remembrance of my Dad.

Button Quail chicks remind me of my father.
Love you, Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts